Meet Your Jacksonville, FL Periodontist
Dr. Richard Aguila
Dr. Aguila was born in Chicago, IL and raised in West Virginia. He attended West Virginia University, receiving his Bachelors of Arts (Summa Cum Laude) degree in Chemistry and earned a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS). He then attended the Naval Medical Center San Diego, completing a hospital-based General Practice Residency. Dr. Aguila practiced general dentistry in the Navy for six years prior to furthering his specialty training in periodontics and dental implant surgery at the Medical University of South Carolina. There, Dr. Aguila obtained his Certificate in Periodontics as well as a Masters in Health Sciences with honors.
Dr. Aguila is a Board Certified Periodontist and Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology. He is certified in conscious sedation by the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology. He is highly involved in local, state, and national organized dentistry, and has memberships in the following professional organizations:
- American Academy of Periodontology
- Florida Association of Periodontists
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Florida Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- American Dental Association
- Florida Dental Association
- Northeast District Dental Association
- Jacksonville Dental Society
Dr. Aguila lives in the Jacksonville area with his wife, Thu-Thu, and their two children, Ashley and Alex.